Corporate Social Responsibility > CSR Programmes
Petronet LNG, as responsible Corporate Citizens, undertakes Socio‐Economic Development Programme to supplement the efforts of the government to meet priority needs of the community with the aim to help them become self‐reliant. Our efforts are generally around the working locations – New Delhi, Dahej and Kochi, with focus areas being:
- Civil Infrastructure
- Sports & Culture
- Entrepreneurship in the Community.
In the area of education, Petronet believes in Encouragement of literacy and higher education and facilitating the young pupils of less privileged sections.
Petronet has so far aided the construction of various schools and has been, on a regular basis, distributing uniforms and note books, providing scholarships for higher education and sponsoring students for vocational courses and trainings.
Recently, Petronet LNG Limited distributed school uniforms (3 shirt pieces with a pair of trousers, a set of 2 pants and 3 shirts and a pair of shoes each) to 210 visually impaired children of J.P.M Secondary School, Lodhi Road, of The Blind Relief Association, New Delhi on 23rd July, 2012.
- Ms Rekha Ahir has been admitted to complete One year Nursing Course run by Vidhyadeep Community College Bharuch.
- Supported 3 NGOs to undertake various social and educational activities.
- Sponsored one year nursing certificate course for one lady of village Lakhigam, Dahej
- Sponsored one year nursing certificate course for two ladies of village Luvara, Dahej.
- Scholarship to 3 girls of village Lakhigam , Dahej to undertake higher education after std.12
- PLL has supported UPS School, Puthuvypeen, Kochi situated near our LNG Terminal. Initially, uniforms, water bottles, note-books, etc. were distributed by PLL Team on 6th June 2011 to the pupils of the school in a function attended by Executive Members of the Gram Panchayat and the Principal, Teachers & Students. PLL is further committed to change the flooring and roof in some rooms and also improve the general get up of the school.